Magicpins is a fast-growth startup, specializing in providing prepaid airtime refills, phone cards, and mobile phones to retailers. Their home-grown software platform enables small retailers to offer instant refills of their prepaid phone minutes without a dramatic increase in overhead, and their footprint of retailer partners and carrier relationships has triggered their rapid growth. XtraGlobex was brought on for strategic planning, positioning, integrated marketing, public relations, and communications design and implementation.
My Role & Services
In my role at XtraGlobex, I took part in every stage of this project. We began with detailed investigation of the prepaid mobile marketplace, and developed a market position and brand representation that both stood out in the competitive set and integrated well with the existing logo, which we were given as a mandatory.
I served as creative and tech lead, and as a key player in the strategic brainstorming and planning phase.
Specifically, for this client I:
- Researched and brainstormed to help establish market positioning and brand representation
- Designed and oversaw printing of identity pieces, sales collateral, direct mail advertising, and trade publication advertising campaigns
- Designed and developed website, and coordinated with client's webapp development team to integrate my developed HTML with their backend code and CMS
- Wrote and edited all website and collateral copy
- Wrote, edited, and distributed assorted press releases
- Content may have changed since completion of the project, and existing content should not be assumed to be my work without confirmation from myself. If you are curious about content samples, please ask.
- Press releases written after project completion can not be assumed to be my work without confirmation from myself. For samples of press releases, please ask.